What Is Bounce Rate?

What Is Bounce Rate
  • Save

ln short, the bounce rate is the percentage of people who landed on your website and left before browsing further.

The bounce rate is an important metric to understand. It helps indicate your website’s first impression. Are people continuing to browse your website or leave right after?

If your bounce rate is high, then it’s a clear indication that something is wrong with your website. Maybe you’re not providing the right content for your visitors.

bounce rate example
  • Save

An example to help you better understand your bounce rate:

Let’s say you’re operating a website that teaches people how to lose weight. So you decided to create a course and promote it through a landing page.

Through analytics, you realized that you received 100 visitors to that page, but you also noticed that you had a 99% bounce rate.

That means only 1 percent of your visitors actually stayed. The other 99% left your website without saying goodbye.

Now that can be very depressing. Especially if you’ve spent hours constructing that perfect landing page.

When this happens, you should look into where your traffic came from (the source).

If you’ve purchased low-quality website traffic from an untrusted source. You’re going to see a high bounce rate because most of those visits are bots.

What Is A Good Or Bad Bounce Rate?

Believe it or not, it all depends on what your content is intended for. Let me explain:

A blog can have both a low and high bounce rate. It’s because a blog provides information and oftentimes you’ll want to include internal links to other articles that you’ve written.

However, not everyone reads more than one blog post at a time. So you might experience a higher bounce rate than expected.

If your blog is catching their attention then your visitors will likely visit your other pages. This helps immensely with search engine optimization.

Leaving your blog right away is a strong indication for search engines that the visitor did not find the right information from your blog post.

A landing page for collecting emails can benefit from a high bounce rate. After all, the purpose of your landing page is to collect emails, not for your visitors to browse other parts of your website.

An online store should have a low bounce rate. A high bounce rate on your online store indicates that people are just leaving without browsing your other products.

Note: A bounce rate is not defined by the time spent on your page. If some spend 15 minutes on your page and leaves. That will still count as a bounce rate. 

In Conclusion

In order to determine whether you have a good or bad bounce rate. You should use tools such as Google Analytics to measure.

It’s also important to understand that it all depends on what your content is intended for. 

For example, a blog can have a low or high bounce rate. But an online store should always try to maintain a low bounce rate.

I hope this was helpful! If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below and I will try my best to help you out.

Kind Regards,

home, make money online home, make money online now, make money working from home, niche, niche website, self employed, SEO
  • Save

What Is Bounce Rate
  • Save

4 thoughts on “What Is Bounce Rate?”

  1. Great information Eric. Your blogging is getting better and better because practice makes perfect. Keep up the good work 🙂

  2. Hello M. Antoinette,

    Thank you very much (: There's so much to learn when it comes to making money online. The foundation and fundamentals of your online business is exactly the same no matter what the niche is.

    I'm glad you liked it! Cheers,
    Eric

  3. Thank you for this article. I had not heard of bounce rate before your post. I now know what it is and how to employ this information on my own website. Excellent article.

  4. Hello Latricia,

    You are very welcome(: If you need any website feedback, please let me know! I have just added a new article on SEO Audit to optimize your Website's SEO performance. Happy New Year!

    Kind Regards,
    Eric

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Sign Up For Wealthy Affiliate And Transform Your Ideas Into Profits!
Scroll to Top
divi layers

Get Divi by Elegant Themes For Free!!!

55 views 0 Shares
Share via
Copy link