Most of us are not alone in this category. When you’re working a regular 9 to 5 job, you are basically trading your time for money. Having a regular job is the most common method to make money, but it’s also the most inefficient way.
In this article, you will learn how inefficient it is to work a regular job and how you can get out of it. Anyone can break through the barriers of trading time for money. Anyone can set up a system that makes the money for them, so they can live a better lifestyle. However, not everyone is willing to do it.
First of all, what is the problem with working a regular job?
The Limitations Of Trading Time For Money
Most people do it, so what is wrong with working a regular job? Well here are few key points to precisely go over the limitations of trading time for money.
- How much money can you earn per hour? – Let’s assume most of us are earning the minimum wage. In California, it is currently rated at $11.00 per hour. In other words, every hour you work, you’re going to earn $11.00 before taxes.—To make this simple, I will not include overtime, weekend, or holiday wages.
- How many hours can you work per day? – Most people follow the standard full-time hourly plan and that is 40 hours per week. Which equals 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. Assuming you worked a full 8-hour shift, you will make $88.00 per day before taxes or $440.00 per week before taxes. In a month, you will earn less than $2000.00 and that’s before taxes!—There’s only 24 hours in a day! Besides the 8 hour shift, you also have to take into consideration the time it takes for the commute. How many hours can you actually work?
- What will happen if you lose your job? – When you’re trading time for money, your income is dependent on your input and that means if you lose your job, you will stop getting paid.
- Can you go on vacation whenever you please? – Life is not just about making money. It’s also about creating memories with your loved ones. In my opinion, a vacation is not only an opportunity to get away from work, but it’s also an opportunity to bond with your family and friends. What is the point of money, if you’re not going to use it to create those memories? Unfortunately, if you work a regular job, your life is basically at the job and your time is greatly restricted based on your work schedule.—You’re also not going to get paid while spending money on your vacation.
How To Stop Trading Time For Money
Step #1. Be Open To New Possibilities
Most of us grew up with the mentality of working X-amount of hours to make X-amount of dollars. Hit the recycle bin button on the back of your head and turn on the learning switch.
Instead of trading time for money, you can trade your expertise for money. In my case, I enjoy learning and sharing my knowledge on how to make money online. You can do the same based on what you’re passionate about.
For example, let’s say you are into fitness, you can share your experience and knowledge with your readers. While sharing that, you can also recommend product(s) to your readers to earn a commission if they decide to buy.
This is known as affiliate marketing and I have the perfect platform to teach you the basics of starting a blog and how to monetize it through affiliate marketing. Click here to learn more about my recommended platform.
Step #2. Start A Blog To Make Money Online
If you want to make money online, you need to make yourself available to everyone on the internet. Starting a blog will help you establish who you are and what you have to offer.
Before you start, you should identify your niche. Basically, a niche is a specialized sub-category of a market. For example, how to get a six pack is a niche. You want to be very specific, like mine, how to make money online.
There is some niche that will always be popular. Which means you will get lots of traffic if you rank high enough on the search engines. Click here to learn more about choosing an evergreen niche.
Step #3. Increase Your Income Sources
When you work a regular job, it is dependent on you, so you’re not likely to have a lot of income sources. What blogging will do for you is that it allows you to promote multiple levels of products.
Here are some examples:
- Low ticket affiliate products: Usually low in commission, but there are lots of products you can promote via Amazon. It’s not a lot of money at first, but it adds up over-time.
- Membership and subscription products: What you want to look for is an affiliate program that pays you every single month. When someone signs up for my recommended platform and upgrades to the premium membership. I will continue to earn a commission every month as long as he or she stays as a premium member.
- High Ticket Products: I don’t promote much of these since I’m trying to teach beginners how to get started. But it’s definitely going to impact your overall online income if you tap into this market. High ticket products = massive commissions.
As you can see, you are not limited to one product. For me, I have multiple income sources that are not dependent on my input because they are all from my affiliate programs. Money is generated from my blog, so I can make the money while I’m sleeping.
Step #4. Reinvest Your Money Back Into Your Blog
Trust me, it is very tempting to treat yourself to something nice once you’ve earned your first big commission online. However, if you really want to stop trading time for money. You should consider reinvesting your money back into your business.
The truth is, when you’re blogging, you’re still trading your time for money. The difference is, your content will continue to make you money for years to come.
Depending on how much money you have, you can consider outsourcing for the majority of your blog. For example, you can hire a freelance writer to produce content for you. You’re going to pay the writer once per article, but you’ll continue to reap in the money for that article for as long as it exists.
Step #5. Use Automation!
I notice a lot of marketers are using Social Media automation to reduce their workload, but I prefer to do it manually. Whenever I promote my content on Social Media, I would interact with people who were interested in posts.
However, I do use some sort of automation. When you read my blogs, they are not created on the day it was published. I have a designated day which is usually on a Monday to produce a week’s worth of content. Afterward, I will use a feature on WordPress known as Timestamp. It allows me to set the date and time of when I want an article to be published. Therefore, even if I don’t write anything for days, the automation process will still publish new articles for me. Click here to learn more about batching your content.
The End Result
The only down-side to starting a blog is that it takes time to see results. It’s almost like going to college, you have to attend school for many years before you can finally start making money. The good news is, you don’t have to invest thousands of dollars to get started.
You can do this part-time as I do, so you don’t have to quit your regular job in the process. If you treat your blog like a real business and consistently provide value to your readers. The money will come and it will allow you to live a better lifestyle with the freedom of time, money, and location.
Like any business, eventually, it will no longer require your input or time to make the money. Most business owners don’t physically work at their business. They hire people to do it because their time is worth more than what they’re willing to pay to an employee.
The benefit of running a blog or an online business is that it doesn’t require a whole lot of upkeeping cost. All I pay per month to run Smart Affiliate Hub is my email list provider, website hosting, and my annual domain cost.
Are you interested in getting started? Download my free eBook by clicking on the banner below:
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Please leave a message below! Also, I would really appreciate it if you can take the time to share this article with your folks!