Believe it or not, one of the most common mistakes I’ve seen new bloggers and internet marketers make is not creating an email address with their website domain name.
Would you be comfortable working with me if I told you my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com?
I’ve been contacted by individuals who own a dot-com web address, but their contact email address is from Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail. In this article, I will go over how to create an email address for your business.
Why You Should Create A Business Email
It’s quite simple, for branding purposes. It does require an extra step, but if you have a blog or a website, then you should have the tools and resources to create your very own business email.
Can you imagine if someone from Apple sends you an email with their personal Gmail account? Would you trust that person? Probably not and that’s exactly the reason why you should create a business email address for your business.
Also, If you want to apply for certain ad networks, they will reject you instantly if you don’t have a business email address. The reason why is that they do require you to confirm ownership of your website.
It’s a security measure most of the ad networks take. You’ll be surprised by how many people apply to an ad network claiming to own website’s that don’t belong to them.
It makes sense because only the website owner has access to email addresses with the website’s domain. For example, my email address is eric@smartaffiliatehub.
How To Create A Domain Email Account On Wealthy Affiliate
- Step #1. Log in to Wealthy Affiliate Account
- Step #2. Click on “Websites”.
- Step #3. Click on “SiteManager”.
- Step #4. Click on “SiteEmail”.
- Step #5. Enter your new email address and select a “Domain”.
How To Create A Domain Email Account On Hostgator
- Step #1. Log in to Hostgator CPanel.
- Step #2. Click on “Email Accounts”.
- Step #3. Fill in the fields and press “Create Account”.
- Step #4. Click on “Configure Email Client”.
- Step #5. Copy Email Client Parameters.
- Step #6. Log in to your Gmail Account.
- Step #7. Go to Settings.
- Step #8. Go to Accounts and Import.
- Step #9. Click on “Add a POP3 Mail Account You Own”.
- Step #10. Enter New Email Address.
How To Create A Domain Email Account On GoDaddy
- Step #1. Log in to your GoDaddy Account.
- Step #2. Click on Workspace Email.
- Step #3. Next, to the Account you want to use, click on “Manage”.
- Step #4. Click on “Set Up”.
- Step #5. Select the Account Credit you want to use.
- Step #6. Select your Domain and click on “Set Up”.
- Step #7. Go back to the Email list and select the account you want to use and click on “Manage”.
- Step #8. Go to the Top of the Email list and click on “Create”.
- Step #9. Enter the Email Address you want to create. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step #10. Enter and Confirm a Password for your New Email Address and click on “Create”.
Hopefully, I’ve covered most of the common web hosting services. If you are hosting your website on Wealthy Affiliate, creating a business email address is a piece of cake. It requires fewer steps compared to other web hosting companies plus it comes with tools, training course, and much more.
Are you currently using a business email address?
If you’re not, you should get started now because it’s part of your brand. It’s very unprofessional to use your personal email for business purposes. Don’t you agree?
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Please help us out by leaving a comment below. With that being said, Happy 4th of July!