Today, I’d like to talk about a very important topic. Why you need to build a relationship with your audience on your blog.
Many affiliate marketers fail to make money online simply because they focus too much on the selling aspect. The truth is, people, buy from brands that they trust.
A blog is a tool to establish yourself as an authority as well as building trust with your audience.— A lot of the major companies have their own blog.
Why You Need To Build A Relationship With Your Audience
Let’s look at Apple, for example, every year they come out with new products and the sales number continues to increase. At this point, even if they come out with a branded water bottle, some people will still buy it.
The reason why is that Apple has developed a relationship and trust with the audience.
Like any business, you want people to know who you are and what you have to offer. The reason why many beginners fail miserably is that they spam their website with affiliate offers.
These are usually the same people who claim that affiliate marketing does not work because they are not making money.
Don’t Neglect Your About Me Page
Besides your blog, the about page is one of the most frequently visited pages on your website. It’s a page where your audience can learn more about you and your company.
They want to know the person behind the screen and if you are someone who they can trust. I read a lot of blogs and I noticed lots of affiliate marketers neglect the importance of their about me page.
Here’s a template for your about me page: (From Wealthy Affiliate)
Your Welcome Message (1 paragraph)
SHARE YOUR STORY
Share something about your life that is interesting and relevant to your niche. (several paragraphs)
WHY YOU WANT TO HELP YOUR AUDIENCE
Why you want to help your niche audience. (a few paragraphs)
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF YOUR WEBSITE
What is the purpose of your website? What do you hope to accomplish? (a few paragraphs)
All the best,
A Little About Me
- I like to play Grand Theft Auto V. When I’m not on my website, I’m probably on my PlayStation 4 playing a game of Grand Theft Auto V with my younger cousin. It’s a great way for me to connect with my younger cousin.
- I never finished college! Growing up, I hung out with the wrong crowd and that led me to be a frequent truant. What’s crazy is that my teachers didn’t even know my name whenever I decided to show up.
- I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but I gave them away to my younger cousins. I’ve recently started playing again, but because they lost most of my cards. I had to buy new ones.
- I drive a 2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe. I developed a passion for manual transmission after almost falling asleep driving an automatic vehicle. Ever since I only own cars with the manual gearbox. I see it as a dying art because most people from California is a stranger to this type of transmission.
- My dream car is a Nissan GT-R. Yes, it’s not a Lamborghini or a Ferrari… I just always had a desire to own and drive what I consider a regular person’s supercar.
- I am a huge foodie! I’m always traveling and eating an expensive delicacy. Even though it costs a lot of money, you can’t put a price on experience. Maybe one day, I’ll start a food blog!
- I am the only person in my family who is pursuing in the internet marketing industry. I received a lot of criticism at first because I wasn’t really making money. They wanted me to get a real job instead and stop dreaming about working from home. This made me want it even more… You see, I am a rebel and I like to prove others wrong.
- I have 2 cats at home, so before anything else… even before working on my website. I spend an average of 30 minutes to an hour with my cats to ensure they are happy. I don’t let them in my room because they like to sit on my laptop whenever I try to work.
- I am very lazy and loves sleeping in. Even until this day with so much dedication to my website. I still have trouble waking up early in the morning to make good use of my time. You only have a limited amount of time each day, make it count!
- I watch videos and read books about internet marketing. Nobody truly knows everything, so I try to learn at least ONE new thing about internet marketing per day. At first, I didn’t like it because I never enjoyed reading. However, this new habit of mine has allowed me to continue adding content to Smart Affiliate Hub.
Thanks For Reading!
Do you currently run your own website or blog? Do you agree with this article? If you are new to this and wish to start your own blog. I highly recommend checking out Wealthy Affiliate.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please do me a favor and share it with your peers on Social Media. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Please leave them in the comment section below. Cheers!